The land where the Riverview Golf Course is located today used to be the 4H facilities during the 1950s. The Dublin Chamber of Commerce donated 67 acres and the Martin Theater Group of Columbus donated approximately 140 acres to create this course. There were reverter clauses in both deeds if the land was not used for its intended purpose.

At the time, the complex included a cafeteria, swimming pool and auditorium. The auditorium is now named the “Emory Thomas Auditorium”. During the last three decades, golf was becoming a very popular sport. But there was only one golf course in Dublin at that time. In 1975, the Dublin Laurens Development Authority and Chamber of Commerce had visions of constructing an 18-hole public golf course on the beautiful river site. Also, it would be used as a tool in promoting industrial development in the area.

The Chamber of Commerce donated its 67 acres and the Authority purchased the other property from the Martin estate and on May 21, 1976, the ground breaking was held. Thus, began construction on the Riverview Golf Course under the supervision of Mr. Don Lamb Sr. and Authority Development Chairman, Mr. Louis Livingston. Mr. Lamb donated over 1700 hours of his time to oversee the project.

Upon completion, the Authority turned ownership over to the City of Dublin in exchange for utility services in the West Dublin Industrial site. The course was then opened to the public in the spring of 1977.

Riverview Golf Course quickly became rated as one of the top 100 public courses in Georgia and is still owned and operated by the City of Dublin